This week in Kindergarten…
English Language Arts
We will read the story “My Lucky Day.” It is a story about a pig who meets a fox, and finds a way to escape him, making it his lucky day! We will be comparing and contrasting and identifying initial and final /l/ sound.
We are learning to compose and decompose numbers! Students will be expanding on their basic addition and subtraction to now create sums and writing number sentences to match these sums. We will be continuing this over the next few weeks!
Students will be learning about the water cycle! We will explore the different parts of the cycle and how it effects our environment!
High Frequency Words
Here are our sight words we have learned so far. Remember to practice reading and writing these words regularly! (When reading at home, if you see these words, have your child point it out!) All of the words we will learn this year are available on our grade level website under “Sight Words.”
I, am, little, to, a, have, is, the, we, my, like, he, for, me, with, she, see, look, they, you, of, are, that, do
– Homework is due on FRIDAY each week. Remember to look for their new homework packet on Fridays. Homework that is not submitted by the due date will be given a ZERO.
– Please read regularly! Remember that just 20 minutes a day can boost your child’s reading levels!
– As the weather gets colder, remember that we still go outside for recess when the weather is above 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately!
– If you would like to chaperone any future field trips, you must have a fingerprint background check. This can be obtained from the Fingerprint office at the county building 14201 School Lane, Upper Marlboro, MD Monday-Friday from 8:00am-3:45pm. For more information or to contact the fingerprinting office, please look at the fingerprint office website: http://www1.pgcps.org/fingerprinting/
– Please remember to send an extra pair of uniform clothes to keep in your child’s cubbie at school in the event of accidents or spills.
– Uniform is enforced daily, including uninterrupted black shoes. Please go to http://cmitelementary.org/uniform-policy/ for more information.