If you’re interested in doing more activities, you can download this free Dr. Seuss Activity book: https://www.education.com/worksheet/article/seuss-activity-book/
This week in Kindergarten…
English Language Arts
We will read the story “Goldilocks and the Three Bears.” It is the iconic story of the little girl who rummaged through a bears house! We will be working on character and review parts of a sentence. We will also be learning all of the /g/ sounds.
We are closing out composing and decomposing numbers! Students will be expanding on their basic addition and subtraction to now create sums and writing number sentences to match these sums. We will then be transitioning to measurement!
Over the next few weeks, students will be learning about various life cycles. This week, we will be learning about the Lady Bug Life Cycle.
High Frequency Words
Here are our sight words we have learned so far. Remember to practice reading and writing these words regularly! (When reading at home, if you see these words, have your child point it out!) All of the words we will learn this year are available on our grade level website under “Sight Words.”
I, am, little, to, a, have, is, the, we, my, like, he, for, me, with, she, see, look, they, you, of, are, that, do, one, two, three, four, five
– Homework is due on FRIDAY each week. Remember to look for their new homework packet on Fridays. Homework that is not submitted by the due date will be given a ZERO.
– Please read regularly! Remember that just 20 minutes a day can boost your child’s reading levels!
– As the weather gets colder, remember that we still go outside for recess when the weather is above 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately!
– If you would like to chaperone any future field trips, you must have a fingerprint background check. This can be obtained from the Fingerprint office at the county building 14201 School Lane, Upper Marlboro, MD Monday-Friday from 8:00am-3:45pm. For more information or to contact the fingerprinting office, please look at the fingerprint office website: http://www1.pgcps.org/fingerprinting/
– Please remember to send an extra pair of uniform clothes to keep in your child’s cubbie at school in the event of accidents or spills.
– Uniform is enforced daily, including uninterrupted black shoes. Please go to http://cmitelementary.org/uniform-policy/ for more information.